Ayurvedic Doula Services
Ayurvedic Doula Package
After your initial consultation, I come to your home up to 4 times per week to nurture you; preparing delicious Ayurvedic meals for you and your family and giving you warm oil massage and other specialized treatments as indicated. This option is available for prenatal period, postpartum period or both.
Prenatal Ayurvedic Massage
The benefits of Ayurvedic Massage to childbearing women are profound. This treatment facilitates many of the essential ingredients of birth preparation through flow and breath, working with rhythm, and building trust. Snehana is Sanskrit for both oil and love. Ayurvedic warm oil massage “abhyanga” strongly enhances neurotransmitter production, reduces stress hormones, and enhances both feeling loved and loving behavior. This is a gentle full body rejuvenating massage with a mindful focus on certain marmni. Specific products and protocol will be created for your individual needs.
Postpartum Ayurvedic Massage “42 Days for 42 Years”
The benefits of Ayurvedic Massage to postpartum women are deep rooted and life long. Techniques used facilitate the new mother to experience a postpartum period of 42 days that will support her optimum health for the next 42 years. The period after you have had your baby is considered by Ayurveda to be a sacred window in which you receive specifically prescribed Ayurvedic care. As Ayurvedic warm oil massage “abhyanga” strongly enhances neurotransmitter production, reduces stress hormones, and enhances both feeling loved and loving behaviour, it allows the mother to enter this new stage of motherhood peacefully. This is a gentle full body rejuvenating massage. Specific products and protocol will be created for your individual needs, paying specific attention to the abdomen, shoulders and low back. Ideally the new mother would receive Abhyanga at least 4 times a week by a practitioner, until the 42 day period has elapsed. Massage therapy can begin as soon as one week postpartum but depending on the individual more time may be necessary.
Postpartum doula care is beneficial for:
- Avoiding colic and postpartum depression
- Extended and enhanced bonding
- The mother and baby’s health for years to come
- Providing an opportunity for mothers to be the best mother and partner they can be
- Deeply soothing mother’s massage designed especially for postpartum
- Delicious meals and menu planning that enhance digestion, lactation and rejuvenation
- Safe, beneficial and simple herbal recommendations for best digestion, lactation, and rejuvenation
- Infant massage instruction
- Tailored support for mom’s best rest and rejuvenation such as light housekeeping and childcare
- Experienced lactation support
- Compassionate care and skilled guidance
It is vital to restore the balance within to:
- Maintain healthy agni; proper digestion and assimilation
- Lose the baby weight
- Rejuvenate; return to work sooner
- Have sex or a sex drive
- Feel energetic; pacify and restore Vata dosha
- Be able to deal with choices required for parenting
- Restore ojas; have better health and immune system function
- Produce milk
I am happy to answer any questions regarding services and provide a free 15 minute phone or skype consultation.